- Apply the matte bronzer like a powder. Apply it after you put on your current foundation. Although your current foundation is too light for you, it still acts as good coverage for your skin. So if you want, you can still apply it in certain areas of your face. That is why applying the bronzer around your face will give you more of a tanned complexion closely matching your current skin colour. If you don’t want to use your foundation and still want some coverage, you can use concealer.
Note: Use a MATTE bronzer ONLY if applying all over your face. You don’t want your face to look shimmery and shiney all over…your face will look too OILY!!
- Apply the matte bronzer to define and contour your face to add dimension and shape.
Lightly rotate your powder or blush brush in circles.
Ensure you get very close to your hairline.
Lightly brush your matte bronzer on your cheeks for a bit of colour.
An alternative is lightly brushing your matte bronzer on the hallows of your cheeks to contour your cheeks.
Neck & Chest
Lightly brush some of your matte bronzer on your neck and chest just to even out the colour a little.
With the excess bronzer on your brush, just lightly go over your lids and nose to add some colour.
Mac – Mineralize Skinfinish (www.maccosmetics.com)
(medium dark , dark, or deep dark)
Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder (www.guerlain.com)
Make-Up Artist 00 (matte golden tan)
Terracotta 3 (rich warm bronze)
Smashbox – Bronze Lights (www.smashbox.com)
Dior – Dior Bronze Original Tan (www.dior.com)
Honey Tan 02 (golden tan),
Amber Tan 03 (soft golden bronze)
Spicy Tan 04 (peachy bronze)
Advantages of matte bronzers:
- good to even out entire complexion
- gives you a natural looking tan
- can be used to define and contour nose, cheeks, jawline, and forehead
- good for oily skin; for all skin types – makes you look less greasy in the summer
Try not to get a bronzer that is too orange – it will make you look too unnatural and give you a fake tanned look. 😛
Now you will look naturally fresh, with a radiant glow…and most imporantly….you will have an EVEN TONE!!