A few weeks ago, I was invited to get ‘glammed up’ by the Official Hair and Make-up Artists of L’Oreal Paris in Canada at the Luminato Festival being held in Toronto. I rarely get to be the client and sit in the ‘magic seat’ so I couldn’t turn down this opportunity! Plus, it was like icing on top of the delicious cake, getting dolled up by such amazing and inspiring Artists.
- If your mascara transfers onto your eyelid or underneath your eyes right after applying it, wait until it dries. Then take a q-tip and gently wipe it off.
- Does your eyeliner transfer onto your eyelid or underneath your eyes? Try setting it with eye shadow of the same eye liner colour. That’ll help keep it in place.
- To get more control with your blush, try using a small brush. Eddie uses a small Shu Umera brush. You’ll see him using it in my video (8:12 to 8:18). For ladies with an Asian ethnicity, Eddie says he likes to focus on the apples of the cheeks and blend out.
- For an easier mascara application, bend the mascara wand. It’ll help you get deep into the lashes with that angle as it’s easier to apply.
- If you have nice skin, don’t cover it up with foundation. Use little to none if you can pull it off. I suggest maybe even concealing the small areas of discolouration if needed.
- Do you have annoying fly aways that just won’t stay put? Try using L’Oreal’s Hair Expertise Nutri-Sleek Frizzy Hair Anti-Frizz Serum. Don’t go overboard with the pumping. If you have thin hair, only pump a smidget. If you have thick hair like mine, a little less than one pump is good.
- When curling your hair, it’s more flattering for your face if you curl the front parts of your hair outwards. It opens up the face.
- When curling your hair, take each section and spray it with L’Oreal’s Elnett Hairsprays (Strong or Extra-Strong) before curling your hair with the curling iron. It’ll keep the curls in longer.
I arrived to the event with NO MAKE-UP ON! Yiikes!
Here is a before and after:
Look at which lovely TBB (Toronto Beauty Bloggers) I spotted at this event before they got their make-overs by Eddie & Eric:
Thank you Margaret (Cowan & Company) for inviting me to be a part of this wonderful event.
Thanks Ruthie for joining me and taking photos for me! She got her hair and make-up done as well! Look how gorgeous she looks!
Thanks Eddie & Eric for the memorable make-up experience and for sharing some tips & tricks!
Check out the swag bag from this event (there is one extra gloss I added to the photo which my friend got)!
The list of products Eddie and Eric used on me will be sent to me shortly! Keep checking back if you are interested.
Thanks for reading!