Many of you may know Dermalogica due to their infamous “Microfoliant”, a rice-based exfoliating powder that activates when mixed with water.
But nope, that’s not the product I’ll be talking about today! I have yet to experience that “amazing exfoliator” myself!
Some of you have mentioned to me that you had no idea Dermalogica has a foundation! Yup! They do! I had the opportunity to give their new foundation a try, Cover Tint SPF 20. This foundation replaced their previous foundation, Treatment Foundation.
Cover Tint SPF 20 comes in three shades: light, medium, dark
Dermalogica claims this Cover Tint SPF 20:
- provides long-lasting full coverage
- helps protect against UV rays
- softens fine lines
- provides even coverage
- is fragrance-free
- On me, I would say the coverage is a medium coverage. I currently have blemishes and scars and I found the foundation didn’t cover over them as easily.
- I love how this foundation has SPF 20. Perfect for this spring and summer! Surprisingly, the foundation isn’t greasy with having SPF in it!
- I don’t really have fine lines,but I applied it on my left hand which has some fine lines. It definitely smoothed my fine lines but it looked a tad dry. I think I should have moisturized my hand first.
- This foundation does provide an even coverage. I use the medium shade and I find it blends in with my skin really well.
- This has a very subtle scent that can be unnoticed. I’m not a fan of strong scents so I was extremely happy to know that this doesn’t have a strong sunscreen scent!
|This my tired face on an early weekday morning! I can’t open my eyes! x_x|
When I first tried on this foundation, I had a fresh pimple that magically appeared the day before. I found that the foundation dried it up a bit which sort of made the swelling go down.
I love the squeeze bottle because it’s easy to control the amount. It comes in a 40 mL bottle which is bigger than most foundations. The packaging and size is perfect for travelling! 🙂
Even though there is SPF in the formulation, I forget I’m wearing foundation throughout the day. The foundation isn’t sticky, greasy, or oily. It feels very lightweight on the skin.
I tend to get an oily t-zone throughout the day and I found this foundation left my skin matte most of the day — longer than other foundations I have tried and it doesn’t oxidize (turn orange) throughout the day.
Would I recommend this product? Definitely. I’m a huge fan of foundation with SPF to wear on a daily basis (not for photo shoots or weddings due to the white cast that would appear in photos). I was highly impressed with the matte finish and lightweight feel throughout the day. Although it didn’t cover my blemishes as much as I expected it to with it being “full coverage”, I don’t mind because that’s what concealer is for!
I heard Cover Tint is great when paired up with Dermalogica’s SkinPerfect Primer SPF 30. Can’t wait to try this next!