- If you are fair-skinned, choose shades that have a soft pink-beige undertone.
- If you are medium to olive skinned, choose a rose-pink-beige or peach undertone.
- If you are dark-skinned, choose a caramel/bronze or berry undertone.
- Don’t choose a shade that is lighter than your skin colour. This can give you a washed out appearance.
- If you find that your lip pigmentation can be a bit uneven or dark, you can always neutralize it by first applying concealer (same colour as your skin) to your lips as a base before applying the lipstick.
- When wearing a nude lip, wear blush to help brighten up the face.
I have medium to olive skin. One of my favourite nude lipsticks is Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE VOLUPTÉ – Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 in #3 (Ultimate Beige). It has a rosey, mauve undertone to compliment my skin.
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 in “Ultimate Beige (#3)”