Makeup application for weddings is slightly different compared to your everyday makeup. The wedding day, whether it’s your special day or someone else’s close to you, is a busy and long-filled day. Whether you are getting your makeup done by an artist or doing it yourself, here are some tips to ensure you get the best wearing power from your look:
- Take care of your skin leading up to the wedding day: drink lots of water, exfoliate, tone and moisturize.
- For hot spring/summer wedding days, to ensure your foundation doesn’t melt off your face, apply a face primer, like Cover FX Skin Prep Nourishing Foundation Primer. Not only does this act as a great base for a smoother foundation application, it keeps the oils in for a long lasting finish.
- To avoid eye shadow from creasing due to the oils and heat, apply an eyelid primer to your eyes, Urban Decay Primer Potion. This increases the staying power of your eye shadow as well as makes the colours more vibrant.
- Stay away from too much shimmer on the eyes, face, and lips. It’s not flattering in photos.
- If you know you will get teary-eyed throughout the event, waterproof products are the way to go. Try using Make Up For Ever Waterfproof Cream Eyeshadow in “Aqua Black” as your eyeliner and L’Oréal Waterproof Volumunious mascara to pump up your lashes.
- To avoid applying your lipstick too many times throughout the day, fill your lips in with lip liner to use as the lipstick base, L’Oreal Colour Riche Anti-Feathering Lip Liner. Apply a matte lipstick over it to increase the wear, Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate. Remember to moisturize your lips before applying the lip products; this will help prevent your lips from drying out.
- To keep your makeup looking fresh all day, set it with a setting spray, Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Spray.
- If you have an excellent makeup application, all you need to pop in your clutch is a lipstick and blotting sheets, Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets for minimal touch-ups throughout the day!
- Remember, your makeup should only be an enhanced version of yourself. You want to look and feel beautiful and still look like YOU!
- Cover FX Skin Prep Nourishing Foundation Primer & Anti-Aging Serum
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation “#155”
- Lise Watier Portfolio Correctors in “Light”
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Spray
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in “Eden”
- Shiseido Silky Eyeshadow Quad in “Q10 Desert Winds”
- Stila Smoky Eye Palette in “Black Shadow”
- Make Up For Ever Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow in “Aqua Black”
- L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in “Black”
- Smashbox Eyebeam Double-ended Brightener
- Ardell False Lashes in “#128”
- DUO Lash Adhesive Waterproof
- L’Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Mascara
- Benefit Bronzer in “Hoola”
- M.A.C Blush in “Dainty”
- Estée Lauder Shimmering Jewel Powder
- EOS Lip Balm
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Anti-Feathering Lip Liner in “All About Pink”
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate in “102”
This post was featured on: