When I saw Kate Beckinsale on the 2014 Golden Globes’ red carpet, I fell in love with her overall look — especially her low, side up-do!
Sascha Breuer, celebrity hairstylist, shares how she created this punk-inspired, yet soft & feminine hairstyle:
- Start by spraying Moroccanoil Root Boost directly on the roots of damp hair. The spray will help add body and hold and it’s a great way to set the style in. It’ll also make hair more pliable and easier to work with.
- Begin blow drying the hair using a skeleton brush, and then use your fingers to create texture and additional volume. Once the hair is fully dry, seperate into a horseshoe shaped section (the part between both temples & crown area) and clip the top section away.
- Pull the botom section into a low, side ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic. Then coil & wrap the tail into a messy bun. Secure hair with bobby pins.
- Take the hair from the top section and backcomb the roots using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Teasing Brush to maximze the volume at the crown and create a slightly disheveled texture.
- Secure the top section into the existing loose bun with bobby pins.
- Mist the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to add shine and long-lasting hold. Spray a little product onto finger tips and work it into the single strands to help define the pieces. Secure the final look with a few more pins and you’re good to go!
*Thank you Langton Communications for the press release