Want to achieve this Grammy-inspired look at home?
Amélie Ducharme (COVERGIRL Make-up Pro) and Justin German (Pantene Pro-V Consulting Stylist) share with us details on how they created this Rockin’ Romance look!
- To keep focus on the eyes, skin must look flawless. Create your base with COVERGIRL Outlast Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation with a foundation brush.
- Even out any dark circles by applying COVERGIRL + Olay Eye Rehab CC Cream with a concealer brush. Apply in a triangular shape under the eye – from corner to corner and down toward the nose.
- Next, lightly apply COVERGIRL Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder under the eye to set concealer. Also apply on forehead nose and chin for a natural yet matte skin finish.
- With your finger, apply COVERGIRL Bombshell Shine Shadow in “Ohh La Lilac” all over the lid up to the crease and along the bottom lashline with a flat shadow brush.
- Using a shadow brush, apply COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pot in “Molten Black” to the outside corner of the lid and then from the inside corner, blending toward the center of the eye, connecting both sides in the crease. To create dimension, apply the plum shadow from the COVERGIRL Eyehancer 4-Kit Shadow in “Prom Queen” to the middle of the lid, just below the crease. Also, sweep this plum colour under the eye.
- Rim the bottom of the eye, tighter to the lashline, with the Shadow Pot in “Molten Black”, blending slightly wider toward the outer corner of the eye.
- Next, line the entire waterline with COVERGIRL LiquidLineBlast Eye Liner in “Black Fire”. To intensify the look, use this pencil to trace over the shadow on the outer corners of the eye and blend out and up using the sponge tip on the other end of the pencil. Using a shadow brush, connect the shadow from the top and bottom lids just beyond the outside corner, lifting up and out toward the temple, elongating the eye. The further out, the more dramatic the look!
- Using COVERGIRL Bombshell Intensity Liner in “Pitch Black Passion”, trace along the upper lashline starting from the inner corner and creating a thicker line as you move to the outer corner extending just beyond the lash in an upward movement.
- Coat the lashes with COVERGIRL Bombshell Volume Mascara in “Very Black”. Start with multiple coats of Step 1 for extreme volume, then apply Step 2 for a pitch black glossy finish.
- Finish the eye look by applying the silver shade from the “Prom Queen” palette under the brow.
- For this smoldering look, you want to create a thick, strong brow. Fill in brows with COVERGIRL Brow & EyeMakers Pencil one shade darker than your natural colour.
Contour & Blush:
- To contour the face, use COVERGIRL Clean Glow Bronzer in “Spices”. Starting with the darkest shade of the palette, apply just under the cheek bone at the temple. As you move toward the apple of the cheek blend the middle and lightest shade.
- Finally, prep lips by applying moisturizer topped with a thin layer of your foundation to cover any redness around the mouth. Then, fill in your pout with COVERGIRL LipPerfection in “Yummy” – a great pastel pink!
- For a more matte finish, apply a light dusting of Clean Pressed Powder.
- First, prepare by washing hair with the new Pantene Pro-V Damage Detox Weekly Deep Cleanse Purifying Shampoo.
- Blow-dry with a round brush and pin in clips, like you would rollers – this will give you a great foundation for this updo. Set with Pantene Pro-V Stylers Anti-Humidity Maximum Hold Hairspray.
- After a few minutes, remove clips and shake out the curls. Spray in Pantene Advanced+Keratin Repair KERAGLOSS Oil Mist to relax the look and build texture.
- Now, part the hair in two sections. Start by collecting hair from temple to temple and pile it in a knot on top of your head.
- With the remaining hair, gather and put into a ponytail just below the crown. While the sides are tight to the head, they are not slick. We want an undone look! Backbrush the ponytail, while misting with hairspray.
- Next, twist the ponytail downward and pin into the head all the way down. Finish by tucking in the ends with a few bobby pins at the nape of the neck.
- Undo the top section of hair and backbrush with a few spritzes of the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Anti-Humidity Maximum Hold Hairspray. Then lift hair at the front, creating tons of volume, roll and pin into the top of the hair roll that was created with the bottom section of the hair – connecting the top and bottom into one.
- For the final touch, using your fingertips, pull out a few pieces of hair from the front, lifting and spraying for even more volume and texture.
- Finish with a few sprays of KERAGLOSS for extra shine.