What do Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Eva Longoria, Lauren Conrad, and Jessica Alba all have in common? They all have a sun-kissed glow. Yes, they could have gone on vacation to Bali, Tahiti, or maybe just stepped outside their backyard to soak up some sun. But as we all may know, their signature look had the added touch of a bronzer — a healthy way of adding a hint of sun without the harsh sun rays.
- Choose a matte shade that is a shade or two darker than your natural skin colour.
- Suck in your cheeks to feel the hallow of your cheeks. This is where you should apply your bronzer to give your cheeks a slimmer look.
- The angle of the application should be from the top of your ear to the corner of your mouth — use a brush handle or pencil as a guideline to create this angle. Begin the application from the top (close to your hair line) towards your mouth but stop once you reach the iris of your eye. You don’t want to make the bronzer strip way too long or else you lose the effect of contouring.
- Don’t forget to always blend as you don’t want it to look like you have a bacon strip on your face!
- Whenever you contour, you must always highlight. I like using “Soft And Gentle” by MAC.
- In between the highlight and contour is where the blush should be applied.
- You may also apply bronzer where the sun would naturally hit your face (forehead, jaw line, etc.)
- Benefit “Hoola”
- M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish in “Soft And Gentle”
- M.A.C Blush in “Dainty”