If you are like me, you would love to appear above the clear turquoise waters exactly as how you entered: fresh-faced and makeup right where you applied it! But many of you know, this is rarely the case! Even if you avoid the water, after spending a day outdoors in the hot, humid weather, makeup can transfer or melt off.
Here are some tips for waterproof, sweat-proof, sun-proof beauty:
- To prevent your skin from getting shiny on a hot day, wear a primer or matifyer, such as, Make Up For Ever All Mat primer. To protect your skin from the harsh UV rays, wear an oil-free moisturizer with SPF, such as Marcelle Essentials Oil-Free Multi-Defense Lotion SPF 15. Sometimes I like to mix the SPF moisturizer in with my foundation for a sheer foundation coverage with the UV protection.
- If you’re spending the day in the water, I would recommend Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow in #22E and #28E. Cream eyeshadows will definitely last longer than powder in the water. And say goodbye to raccoon eyes with Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow. I have used this as eyeliner and it survived during both my hot yoga classes and swimming sessions!
- Wear a lip balm with SPF. My new favourite is Carmex Moisture Plus with SPF 15. But if you decide to wear lipstick, choose a matte formula such as Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate.
- Set your makeup with a setting spray, such as Urban Decay All Nighter Longer-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray.
- If you’ve started sweating, touching up your face with powder can cause clogged pores. Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets are a better way to reduce the shine: just dab the blotting sheet over areas that tend to get oily.
|TRIED, TESTED, AND TRUE |
- Carmex Moisture Plus with SPF 15
- Marcelle Essentials Oil-Free Multi-Defense Lotion SPF 15
- Make Up For Ever All Mat Primer
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in “#153”
- Make up For Ever Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector in “#25”
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow in “#22E and #28E”
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in “#06”
- Urban Decay All Nighter Longer-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate in “#110”